Rhodeside & Harwell is seeking new staff to join our award-winning team of landscape architects, urban designers, and planners. Our current list of projects includes public urban plazas, streetscapes, parks and open space design, community revitalization, diplomatic and educational campus design, and historic preservation. We work locally, nationally and internationally with both public and private sector clients. Our office of 30 people is located in an open studio in the heart of Old Town, Alexandria. We also have a small studio in Manhattan to serve our NY area projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are now seeking a landscape architect for a position in our Alexandria office with the following qualifications:
– Must have Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture and 6-8 years of recent experience in a professional design office.
– Must be a licensed Landscape Architect.
– Must demonstrate strong skills in design, construction document preparation, project management and construction administration.
– The ideal candidate must be passionate about creating high-quality urban environments and care about the details of a project.
– Finally, we are looking for an individual to join our office who brings with them enthusiasm and eagerness to learn. Our office culture is warm and friendly, and the pace of work is frequently fast-moving and deadline-driven.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ONCE YOU ARE HERE:
– Collaborate with internal design teams working on a wide range of urban-focused projects.
– Manage the development of design and preparation of construction document packages.
– Be a part of a dynamic office that is committed to invest in continued education, mentorship, and your professional development.
– Work with landscape architects, urban designers, urban planners, transportation planners, preservation specialists, horticulture experts, and construction managers in multi-disciplinary teams.
Interested candidates should email their resume and work samples, including at least one example of construction documents to:
Kevin Fisher | firstname.lastname@example.org