Rhodeside & Harwell/Studio RHLA, the New York office of Rhodeside & Harwell, is seeking a talented professional to join our award-winning team of landscape architects, urban designers, and planners. Since our founding in Virginia 30 years ago, Rhodeside & Harwell has garnered national, state and regional recognition in both the public and private sectors. In 2014, Studio RHLA was founded to expand our practice of Landscape Architecture in New York State. Our portfolio includes public urban plazas, streetscapes, parks and open space design, historic preservation, community revitalization, diplomatic and educational campus design and transit design.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
While we are always looking for exceptional, creative and skilled team members at all levels, we are currently seeking a Landscape Architect with the following qualifications:
– Must have Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture plus 6 – 8 years of recent experience in a professional design office.
– Successful candidates will bring a positive attitude to every situation and bring with them enthusiasm and eagerness to learn. They will have a passion for professional development and career growth, with a demonstrated capacity for design and creativity.
– They will also be a strong designer, detail oriented, efficient, and meet or exceed the following expectations: have strong oral, written and graphic communication skills; excellent time-management and organizational skills; the ability to self-review work with a high level of accuracy; experience with sustainable/resilient design techniques at all scales, as well as the ability to collaborate with and receive guidance from other team members.
– The individual who is selected for this position will need to be comfortable in every aspect of a project from proposal production, through design, until construction is completed.
– The ideal individual MUST be a self-starter as well as happy and comfortable working independently in a small satellite office.
– The individual MUST be licensed to practice Landscape Architecture in New York State
– Must demonstrate strong skills in AutoCAD, all Adobe programs, and hand drawing.
– Proficiency in other programs (e.g. Sketchup, Rhino and its plug-ins, GIS, MicroStation) is a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience level. Benefits include healthcare, 401K, paid holidays, vacation, and personal leave.
Applicants must have and provide valid authorization to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter via email to Kevin Fisher: email@example.com. Please add “NY Staff” in the email subject line.